A little holiday cheer struck this man when his New York State scratch card revealed a $10,000 a week winner – for life! By life, they mean 20 years, but about an extra half million per year for the next 20 years, totaling just over $10m just isn’t too bad. Here’s the story from the Watertown Daily Times:
$10-million lottery winner gets his money (over 20 years)
NORFOLK – “It’s good to be alive,” said Floyd E. Harvey as he accepted a symbolic check for at least $10 million from New York Lottery officials Wednesday.
Mr. Harvey was fetted at Fefee¹s Market on West Main Street Norfolk shortly after 1 p.m. He won the jackpot prize of $10,000 a week for life Thanksgiving Day after purchasing a $20 scratch-off ticket at the store.
Mr. Harvey will receive 19 annual payments of $520,000, according to lottery spokeswoman Gretchen L. Dizer. After taxes he will net $343,356 a year. He will also receive one additional payment of $120,000 for a total of $10 million over 20 years. Read the whole story…
- Press Pass LA Article About LottoGopher Today…
- September 2013 NBC News Los Angeles Coverage of LottoGopher (video)
- Reuters News Service cites LottoGopher as the way to avoid long lines at the store during huge Powerball jackpot tonight
- Order Powerball Tickets Online for the $400 Million Jackpot at LottoGopher.com
- Technorati Talks LottoGopher