From Business Insider
Here’s what 11 regular people did with their money when they won the lottery
Kathleen Elkins, Business Insider
The jackpot for Saturday’s Powerball is at an estimated $800 million as of this writing, a record high.
The odds of winning are slight — one in 292.2 million, USA Today reports — but someone’s 2016 will start off in style.
As the Powerball jackpot brews, we rounded up the stories of 11 past lottery winners. They don’t all have happy endings. In fact, many lottery winners end up blowing it all.
Read on to see what these lucky folks spent their millions on:
- LottoGopher Announces Frankfurt Listing Under Symbol “2LG”
- Powerball Reaches a Quarter of a Billion Dollars for Wednesday’s Draw
- LottoGopher Holdings Inc. Commences Trading
- Marion woman says daughter’s dream led to winning Powerball ticket worth $1 million
- Powerball Ticket Worth Nearly $800K Sold in Orange County