From Marie Claire
What I Learned When I Won the $112 Million Lottery
Money changes things—fast.
When I found out I had won $112 million dollars in the California Mega Millions jackpot eight years ago, I wasn’t even watching the TV. The winning numbers had been announced a few days before, but my kids and I had forgotten to check. Then my father called and told me to look at my ticket. The random numbers aligned.
I felt elated, like I was floating.
When you win the lottery, you can either opt to go to the state lottery office or receive the check in the mail (you can also accept one lump sum or installments). My brother, father, and I decided to go collect the check, in one lump sum, in person. It was more exciting that way.
- LottoGopher Announces Frankfurt Listing Under Symbol “2LG”
- Powerball Reaches a Quarter of a Billion Dollars for Wednesday’s Draw
- LottoGopher Holdings Inc. Commences Trading
- Marion woman says daughter’s dream led to winning Powerball ticket worth $1 million
- Powerball Ticket Worth Nearly $800K Sold in Orange County