From Marie Claire
What I Learned When I Won the $112 Million Lottery
Money changes things—fast.
When I found out I had won $112 million dollars in the California Mega Millions jackpot eight years ago, I wasn’t even watching the TV. The winning numbers had been announced a few days before, but my kids and I had forgotten to check. Then my father called and told me to look at my ticket. The random numbers aligned.
I felt elated, like I was floating.
When you win the lottery, you can either opt to go to the state lottery office or receive the check in the mail (you can also accept one lump sum or installments). My brother, father, and I decided to go collect the check, in one lump sum, in person. It was more exciting that way.
- Mega Millions ticket worth $906,000 sold at West Covina gas station
- At 77, $30M-jackpot winner plans to live his golfing dream
- LottoGopher presents Live Like Lord Disick
- Saturday’s $435M Powerball prize will be 8th largest Powerball jackpot ever
- LottoGopher Holdings Inc. Announces Sponsorship Deal with the Anaheim Ducks